Perhaps you may remember this photo from Feb when the pole with my internet receiver collapsed in the high winds
and this had to come out 3 days later to fix it
Look what I found at 7pm last night
I had internet before dinner and 90 minutes later when I got back on the computer I didn’t. I went out to see if maybe the antenna had moved maybe and there was no antenna to be seen. There has been no wind & it is tied down now with steel cables. What could have happened?
I found this
That is the spike that was screwed in the ground that had the cables tied to it. Apparently a month of nearly non-stop rain saturated the ground enough that the weight of the antenna & receiver pulling against it, pulled it out.
So to recap
1. hard drive is dying & must be replaced
2. most of the software has to be downloaded
3. I have no internet at home
4. Library internet filter views every single page on the web as spam & unpleasant, pissy library lady must come over and override every page I visit. She blames the government & seems really annoyed I would even want to use my own laptop rather than the ancient PCs the library has, but that you can’t use a memory stick with or download anything on.
5. I’ve already started shaking from internet withdrawal and it’s only been 15 hours.
I knew there was cloud of doom hanging over me.