Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It’s my birthday today

43 years ago I made my somewhat drowsy entrance into the world.  Apparently I was a ‘good baby’, meaning I slept a lot.

I wish I could still sleep a lot.

For my birthday I want my insomnia to go away & never ever come back.

Since that will never happen, in lieu of that I will take a Kindle.

Since that will never happen either, I’ll take stuffing myself with sushi.

But that may not happen either for financial reasons so how about 3 hours alone with a book?

Anyone?

I did get a rather nice present yesterday & wasn’t even aware of it until DH told me about it.

Apparently, this really good looking, really buff lifeguard was checking me out big time while we packing up to leave the beach. DH said he first though the guy was just looking around & stopped on us because we’re by his chair & we’re packing up but the longer he watched the more apparent it became that the man was eyeing me up appreciatively.

So I feel all sexy now that some 20 year old guy thought I was worth staring at in that way.

Happy birthday to me.

It seems I’ve still got it. :)

15 comments:

Cate said...

Happy Birthday!

Mel said...

Happy birthday - and that's a great birthday present indeed :-)

Deb ~ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Well, happy birthday, Stacey. This is a cute post ~ I wish you sleep, a good book, and many more head-turning experiences. ;o) xo

Darcy said...

I'm with ya on the insomnia - but I vote for sushi with a book :)

Happy Birthday, Stacey - I hope it's fabulous for you!

Kai said...

What an awesome gift! I'd take that!! Happy Birthday!

Rinda1961 said...

Happy birthday, you sexy thang!
rinda

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) said...

happy birthday!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!

Ptooie said...

Happy Birthday!

Kristin said...

Ha ha! What a happy birthday present! :) Hope you got your sushi!

SciFi Dad said...

Happy Birthday!

LizzieMade said...

Ha! That's great Stacey! I hope DH now sees you just as appreciatively too...
Happy Birthday (belatedly)! :-)

Andrea Chamberlain said...

WHOO HOOO! GO YOU!

I don't think anyone has stared at me appreciatively in years. Unless you count the creepy guy at Wemans who seemed entranced by how I was shucking corn. Ewwwww.

Happy birthday, you hottie!

Lori said...

I missed it! Sorry!!

Happy happy belated birthday.

And you TOTALLY still got it, woman!

Kai said...

What an awesome gift! I'd take that!! Happy Birthday!