Monday, July 07, 2008

Summer Reading - round 3

from the library

The Runaway Dinner

The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday

The Berenstain Bears Report Card Trouble

The Berenstain Bears and the Bully

The Berenstain Bears and the Double Dare

The Berenstain Bears and Big Question

The Berenstain Bears and the Big Road Race

Hurty Feelings

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Did Triceratops Have Polka Dots?

My Favorite Dinosaurs

We went a bit heavy on the Berenstain Bears books this time, but Havoc is into them at the moment.  DH is not thrilled. I don't blame him really. Papa Bear is an idiot in most of the books. He says & does dumb things, fails to listen, gets into endless trouble and Mama & the cubs have to save him or Mama has to make everything right. DH finds that really annoying and rightly points out that no way in hell would a series have Mama Bear acting that way with Papa saving her. Perhaps if the dumb actions, etc were spread out more amongst the family.  Papa isn't too bad in many of the books, usually the newer ones, but I usually glance through the books before we bring them home, leaving the more obnoxious ones at the library. This bunch is pretty good. Papa's his usual self in Blaze a Trail but he's pretty mellow in the rest.  Mayhem of course, insisted on some Dinosaur books and found a new Thomas DVD.

The guy checking us out said "You have 17 other books checked out. Do you want me to change their due date to these?"  I have 17 other books checked out?? Well, ok there are 7-8 on my nightstand & possibly I didn't find all the kiddy books we checked out when we stopped in last week, but 17 other books? Surely I would know if I had that many out? So, with the 17 and what we checked out today I now have 34 books checked out. I need to track them all down.

No comments: