Friday, August 01, 2008

How's things where you are?

Milk is on average $4.35 a gallon and gas is $3.89. A small thing of Yoplait is 57 cents. It was 48 cents a month ago. We had a record number of home foreclosures in the area last month. A number of people making the 2 hour commute to work have lost their jobs of recent layoffs. The county has cut out summer school because they couldn't afford to bus the kids to it. Both my parents have had surgery in the past 3 months and Mayhem has his tonsils out on Wednesday & will hopefully be able to breathe & speak easier.

That's just what I know in real life. If I expand it to people I know online the problems get bigger. This is both depressing but strangely helpful. It isn't just us, we are not alone. We are all in this together.

Kristin over at Motherhood Uncensored has come up with a plan to blog the recession. The idea is to click through from your feed reader to the blog. Give the blogs you read and enjoy actual views that could increase their revenue. No need to comment if you don't want to. Just click through & if you have a couple seconds to spare, click around. Every click helps. My archives are over there on the right, if you have a little time. I don't make any money from this blog yet but who knows, if you click around I might be able to buy a thing of yogurt with my blog income next month.

5 comments:

tata said...

I found you through Kristin's site and before posting about it, I thought I'd go through and comment on all the blogs she listed, as well as those who left comments! So I'm in!!!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)

Heather said...

Just dropping a "hello" In honor of the blog recession!

Anonymous said...

I'm here to blog the recession too! And I always love finding blogging moms of 2 boys also. :)

Daisy said...

Crazy, isn't it? I'm looking at my class list for this year and wondering which kiddos I'll need to help into the homeless program. last year there were two in my class. Funding has been cut, though - who knows?!