Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Artwork

During our 2 week hiatus from school the boys spent a lot of time talking about battles and war. Havoc is fascinated by WWII and we have a couple DK Illustrated books about it out from the library. They also took the opportunity, when outside, to refight the battle of Hoth. The clones and the dinos fought many battles with one another and the plastic army men.

But their favorite battle was the Pumpkin War.

The Pumpkin War is illustrated.

Havoc drew this. Pumpkins from the blue side dropped from planes onto the red side ship to fight there. The red side is currently being reinforced from the air as well. They are mostly very happy about it, except for that on in the sea.

001a

Mayhem drew a picture of that one’s fate

002a

These are the pumpkins clinging to a life raft, with their ships off in the distance. Notice only the one green one on the right is smiling. The rest look concerned or unhappy. There is a reason for this.

003a

For those of you that can’t read Mayhem it says

“EEWWWW a pumpkin farted”

Guess which one farted?

Yeah.

Boys.

11 comments:

ptooie said...

That's awesome. I needed a laugh this early in the morning!

You certainly have creative children!

SciFi Dad said...

Hilarious. Also, I expect to be recreating the battle of Hoth many times in coming winters.

Lizzie said...

That is wonderful! J still does fab drawings, but they tend to be designs and ideas for his Warhammer battles (or maybe Hoth!) and his stories. He used to re-created Star Wars battles regularly - in fact, I think his beanie-chameleons still do, when no-one is looking...

I like the liferaft drawing best of all.

humel said...

From WWII to Hoth to pumpkins - seamless :-)

The Four Week Vegan said...

ROFLOL - yep, boys :)

Miss. Ardeth Blood said...

Came over from SITS to randomly say hi and hope you are having a good day.

Cheri said...

too funny. kids have the most wonderful imaginations. What is SITS?

Maria Ontiveros said...

I. love. boys.
rinda

Carole said...

Just popped over to say thanks for the comments on my blog and found this wonderful post.
Love the artwork! So creative and gave me a good laugh.

Creative Junkie said...

OMG, this made me laugh! How funny! As the mom of 2 girls, I rarely get to see this kind of humor. Girls just aren't into the whole "farting" aspect.

I know, you're jealous.

Creative Junkie said...

OMG, this made me laugh! How funny! As the mom of 2 girls, I rarely get to see this kind of humor. Girls just aren't into the whole "farting" aspect.

I know, you're jealous.