Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well, I suppose that is a win

The kids are out of school for summer.

I go to the gym 3 days a week for about 50 minutes.

So I have two choices, not go to the gym at all for 2 months or paying huge sums for 2 months of ‘unlimited’ childcare.  It’s not really unlimited, just 2 hours a day  but you can go every day.

They did away with the ‘buy a block of childcare to use as needed’ option they had last year.

Not going to the gym is not really an option. First, I have to pay membership dues whether I go or not so it’s a waste of money. Second, I like food & work out so I can eat the food I want, so it’s a waste of waist.

If I pay the huge childcare fee I feel obligated to go at least 4 times a week & stay at least 90 minutes, or I am not getting my money’s worth.

Knowing me this actually means I will just feel more guilty than usual as I lay in bed in the morning skipping the gym.

Enter Dr Sleep with unexpected motivation.

After looking over my sleep chart yesterday during our appointment she commented on the facts that

1. I seem to take 2 hours a night to fall asleep, going to bed at 11ish & not falling asleep until 1ish

2. I have no consistent wake up time (due to school days vs non school days)

She thinks these two things are related  & talked about your body natural rhythm & circadian clocks needing reset, etc etc

Upshot of this is I am now supposed to go to bed at midnight & get up at 7am.

Every. single. day. Including weekends.

One of the reasons I lay in bed until 8, 8:30, 9 is due to the fact that most mornings there is NO GOOD REASON to be awake any earlier.

But I have paid for the gym childcare. And it opens at 8am.

So I will be going to the gym 3 mornings a week because there is NOTHING BETTER TO DO. One day a week I have a class at 4:30pm so I suppose that morning I’ll *gasp* CLEAN or something.

That leaves me with 3 mornings still. My brain isn’t alert enough to scrap at that hour. And I’m not coherent enough to read & comment on blogs

I suppose I could go to the gym 5 days a week but the kids would be unhappy with that. They have to put clothes on to go to the gym & my kids believe no school=no clothes & get cranky if they have to get dressed too often.

So I need some suggestions of things to do at 7:30am (allowing 30 minutes for breakfast).

Help!

7 comments:

Beverly Edwards said...

I have an excellent waste ummmm I mean utilization of that time...Pinterest! Your brain doesn't have to be functioning since you're just looking at images and if you want to save something all you do is click on "pin it". If you need an invite just email me at neusebrats{at}aol{dot}com  :)

humel said...

I say, go for it and comment on blogs - I never manage coherence anyway....

alison290 said...

I reckon catching up with blogs is a pretty good idea too!
Alison xx

Andrea @ The Creative Junkie said...

I would suggest reading, since you're such a voracious reader. Or how about just standing in a steamy hot shower for awhile? I know it's before you work out but ... who cares?

Comfy Mom said...

I love pinterest! I hadn't thought of visiting it in the morning, I usually spend some time after dinner with it, but that is an excellent idea.

I'm stacey lynn on Pinterest

Comfy Mom said...

yeah that is probably what I will end up doing

Comfy Mom said...

I could try reading. I'm not sure my brain is awake enough but it's worth a shot