Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More from the junk closet

I’ve shared this photo of the CD tower before. And my speculation

DSC_2169

that there are more CDs somewhere.

I want this tower to go in this week’s dump run so I pulled all the CDs out of it and sorted through them.

DSC_2217

I alphabetized them, removed the duplicates, matched loose discs up to empty cases  and in true college form (since most of these were bought when we were in college) I stored them in milk crates

DSC_2219

I am missing a bunch of CDs. There is only 1 Bon Jovi CD and only 1 Duran Duran CD and that simply is not possible. I owned all their albums up through 1990 or so.  There is no Berlin, no Guns & Roses, no Siouxie & the Banshees, no Rolling Stones.

No Rolling Stones!!

Possibly I tossed the bulk of my 80’s pop CDs when I burned them to MP3 but I wouldn’t have tossed the Stones, or Bon Jovi. But there is no other tower anywhere in the house or the sheds.  Suddenly this has gotten expensive.  I’m going to have to go buy those albums again.

For your enjoyment, this is a partial list of some of the music we liked enough to pay $12-18 a CD for.

AC/DC, ABBA, Alice in Chains, The B-52s, Barenaked Ladies, Belly, Ben Folds Five, Blackmore’s Night, Blue Blue Blue, Blue Oyster Cult, Bon Jovi, Edi Brickell & the New Bohemians, Meredith Brooks, Bush, Concrete Blond, The Cult, The Cure, Owen Davis, Dead, Can Dance, def Leppard, Duran Duran, Digital Underground, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters, 4 Non Blonds, Gaelic Storm, Granny’s 12 Gauge, Grateful Dead, Hayseed Dixie, HooDoo Gurus, Hootie & the Blowfish, Indigo Girls, INXS, Jewel, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Local H, Love & Rockets, Ziggy Marley, Loreena McKennit, Meatloaf, Meat Puppets, Medieval Babes, Moody Blues, Alanis Morissette, This Mortal Coil, Motley Crue, Stevie Nicks, Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt, Offspring, Pearl Jam, Liz Phair, the Pixies, Robert Plant, The Police, The Presidents of the United States of America, Primus, Queen, Radiohead, Rancid, REM, Rush, Paul Simon, 63 Eyes, Smashing Pumpkins, Smashmouth, The Stone Roses, the Smiths, the Smithereens, Sublime, 10,000 Maniacs, Van Halen, Violent Femmes and Weird Al Yankovic

I need to find the rest of my CDs. I’m missing a bunch

4 comments:

Jenni said...

You have quality taste in music.

I know all the words to the Humpty Dance.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Wow, those names brought back some memories. I was quite sad to learn recently that my dd does not appreciate the B-52's - how can she not?! You do your best to raise them well and then they turn on you.

Anonymous said...

ABBA! Indigo girls! Rush! Hootie!

Geez ... I think I could have written your post.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I love your choices!