Thursday, February 05, 2009

Oh yeah! I had CDs

This is one of the random pieces of furniture stuck in a corner in the junk room with stuff piled in front of it.  My best guess is that it has been unopened since mid-2005

DSC_2169

That was about the time the VCR died and also when I got my first iPod. These are just some of our VHS tapes. I think I gave most of them away. It’s about half our CD collection. We have another one of these towers somewhere….(i’d assumed it was in the junk room with this one, but apparently not).

When I go the iPod I had no real concept of how much space 4GB is, how many songs that actually was, so I only copied off the songs I really liked from the CDs. Now I have a 40GB Zen and can convert the CD tracks to MP3s so my next project (after I get the junk room done) is to burn all this music to my computer.

Maybe I’ll let DH tackle that one.

8 comments:

Deb@Mommie Mayhem said...

I have a cd case somewhere with all my old cds .. will have to go on a hunt to find it !

Anonymous said...

I recently got rid of all of my jewel cases and liner notes. I have my CDs in albums, but rarely get them out. As soon as I get a new CD, I rip it and it goes on my ipod touch. 4GB is plenty for me!

Jenni said...

That's A LOT of CDs! Happy burning!

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to consider burning all of our CDs to my iPod. It's simply overwhelming.

But then again, if I disregard all the WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING cd's from the '80s (like C&C Music Factory) ... maybe it won't be so bad.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is weird how often one can buy the same film. As a vcr, a dvd, a blue ray...
Happy blogging....

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I don't think I could burn all our CDs I like the idea of just starting now with the current stuff - and then going back to the most favs. I also like the idea of asking DH to do that!

Anonymous said...

LOL That looks like one of my cabinets! LOL

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

You def have your work cute out from you, isnt it amazing how technolgy is soo crazy to keep up with though and how much things have changed since vhs tapes LOL