Havoc is over his illness. This was confirmed at his doc appt on Friday. No suggestions were made as to what the illness might have been. Only that “it’s going around”.
We got a notice from school that some federal program or other has picked our little county for a study involving getting free sealers on the teeth of second graders (with select ones being monitored over time & will get new sealers & some other stuff if needed) & if we want this we just fill out this form & send it back. The letter was dated March 11. It was sent home March 30. I sent it back April 1 and the substitute teacher gave it back to Havoc saying she didn’t think she should have it.
So I am sending it back today & assuming that the deadline for acceptance was around March 20 & we’ll be rejected.
I hope not.
It’s $150 to get that kid’s teeth sealed at the dentist.
Mayhem has another cavity, which is also $150, so anything that saves us a $150 dental payment is ok by me.
No rush to see the orthodontist either.
But in other news I will be needing a laparoscopy at some point for the endo and given how my insurance usually works I’m looking at about $500 for it by the time all the ‘allowable charges’, ‘in network’, ‘disallowed options’ etc are settled.
Then two years later I will be refunded $200 of it for overpayment.
Because nobody ever believes me when I tell them it’s double billing.
I am still in negotiations about the bewb squishing because I cannot pin my insurance down on how much I have to pay. Regular co pay? Specialist copay? Lab work copay? ER copay? One of those copays plus something between 20-40% of ‘allowable’ charges? It’s not open heart surgery where anything could happen so we can’t tell you up front the costs. It’s a standard mammogram. But they just tell me “Oh a co pay.”
And I certainly can’t recall what I paid 15 months ago.
In other news my car battery has gone back to dying regularly so I am back to looking like a kinky hooker in parking lots, standing around dangling jumper cables and asking guys if they can jump me.
Yes, I could go buy a new battery. But where is blog fodder in that?
Speaking of blog fodder, we are less than 3 weeks away from ACTUAL chickens.
Yes, 15 months after deciding we wanted to raise chickens we are about to make the move from theoretical chickens to actual chickens.
The coop is nearly finished.
I don’t know how nearly, nor can I say with any certainly just how long the word ‘nearly’ has been applicable to the coop, but I think most of the winter would be accurate.
And just so you know, going from thinking of doing a thing to actually doing the thing in 15 months is a personal family record. Around here there is generally a 5 year wait between thinking of a thing and actually doing the thing.
Except for the garage, which is going on 11 years now with no end in sight.
So expect chicken posts in May.
Though probably not still in June given our track record of taking care of things out of our immediate line of sight.