Monday, November 26, 2007

It's good to be home

You know you have been stuck in a car with small children for too damn long when you and your spouse staring high fiving one another when you spot a McD's with a play area.  It took us 9 hours to get out of Florida, a trip that should only take 6. Traffic was moving at 20mph on I75 for nearly the whole time we were on it.  No reason for it. No construction, no accidents, no flat tire or cops having pulled someone over (why would they, we were 50mph under the speed limit). At one point I had to pull over so DH could hack his way into the underbrush & find a spot for Havoc to poop. I'd been hoping to reach an exit for 10 minutes by then & only gone a couple of miles. 

I seem to have a ton of laundry to do.  I'm not sure how that happened because I did laundry the day before we left. There should only be 4 sets of clothing & 2 of Pjs from that day waiting for us when we got home. I did laundry the night before we left FL as well. So there should be 2 days of clothing for 4 people from the drive home.  Yet somehow I have almost 4 loads of laundry to do.  WTF is up with that?  The house is also a mess. I'd accuse the cats of having a wild party while we were gone, but lacking opposable thumbs they can't open the door to let their friends in.  But there are a bunch of crumbs on my kitchen floor.  I know the toys are all over the house because of the boys. The first thing children must do upon returning home from a long vacation is reacquaint themselves with all their possessions. This means dragging everything off the shelves & out of the drawers,playing with an item intently for 5 minutes & then moving on to the next thing until every toy in the house is on the floor.

No comments: