Monday, October 06, 2008

An active weekend

Saturday we spent the morning here doing outdoor chores. We went to a friend's house for the afternoon. DH & Will went off to a coworkers house warming party for a few hours while Mel & I sat around knitting & crocheting and the 4 kids ran around the yard.  Then we all went to dinner. Fortunately it was a badly lit chain restaurant because the kids were filthy from running in the woods for 3 hours.

Sunday we did a few chores and then left to spend the day down by the river on some property some other friends' own. They were out of town but don't mind if we just hang out there. It's undeveloped and used for camping. It is a 2 hour drive. Along the way we discovered that they were back home, so we altered the plan to visit them & then go to the property. Once we got there the plan eventually changed again to just hanging out there. DH helped Max with closing his pool for winter and the kids ran around on the huge piles of dirt & gravel they have for a patio they are pouring. We did some digging.

We spent a lot of time outside this weekend to make up for all the time we spent inside last weekend. But now I need a weekend off. I want to just layout around the house for a weekend.

Pixie gave me some kafir grains, which you use to make a milk based beverage that is like super charged yogurt. It has all those probiotics & things in it & is really simple to handle.  It has a taste a bit more like buttermilk on it's own but mixed with juice & fruit it's just like yogurt. Havoc has been having some stomach issues lately & I've been feeding that Dannon yogurt with the probiotics in it & it seems to help. It's going to take about 48 hour to get this first batch made & then we'll give it a try for the rest of the week. Pixie is really into all natural, organic, things, the whole crunchy parenting thing.  She also told me about tea tree oil to get rid of lice. The boys haven't brought a note home from school yet about lice, but next time I'm down near the health food store I am going to get some.  She's going  email me a bug repellant recipe that uses it and lavendar as well.

I almost finished the neck warmer I am making for DH. Had plenty of time in the car.

Now I have about 4 loads of laundry to catch up. I also have to go to the gym, the grocery store,the library and then make cupcakes for Havoc's class for tomorrow. It's his 6th birthday tomorrow.

9 comments:

Chels said...

Happy birthday to Havoc!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a very busy weekend!!

I love crocheting but it wrecks havoc on my hands. First they go comp;letely numb then they start aching really badly and it gets hard to straighten my fingers. I havent done any in quite awhile now

flattsgurl said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend...I would want to spend the next weekend home too. :D Good luck getting all the laundry done!!

Nikki said...

Hope he has a happy birthday! :)

Sounds like a great weekend! I want my weekend (coming up) to be uneventful!

:)

Kresta said...

Sounds like a good weekend and a busy Monday. Happy birthday to your little one!

CharmaineZoe said...

Sounds like you really have your hands full, so that lazy chillin' weekend sounds good to me :-)

Monique said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend! Happy Birthday to Havoc!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday, Havoc! :-D

Anonymous said...

I just had a busy weekend too. I live for my weekends but sometimes they are worse than weekdays!