Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rainy Day

It is chilly and bucketing down rain here. It's the first real rain we have had since sometime in July I think. I don't mind it but it does mean driving 2 hours in the rain to a wedding that has now been moved indoors. I'm sure that is a bummer for the bride & groom. To go from getting married in the beautiful fall mountainside to getting married in a random building that will either be very chilly or very overheated, because it was not intended to be used today, must be a bit of a letdown.

DH and I have colds so we're grumbly. The boys are, naturally, very high energy. Not sure how we are going to rein them in for a 2 hour drive and then a wedding ceremony. They want to watch Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, but I'm not too sure. They've seen the other 3 over the summer with no ill effects but this has better graphics and there is that long chase scene in the jungle and the whole lead up to the dramatic ending, plus the ending, which might be a bit much for a barely 6 and not quite 5 year old. But I suspect we'll be watching it.

I've ironed the boys dress shirts. I contemplated not bothering because we will be sitting in a car for 2 hours so it's not like they won't get creased again. But I decided I'll hang the shirts in the way back of the car, let the boys wear tees on the way up and then dress them when we get there. If I am going to go to all the trouble of ironing, by god those shirts will be wrinkle free when everyone sees them.  Mayhem has never seen an iron before, or seen me use it. After I set the board up and started ironing a shirt he went around the house shouting "Havoc! Daddy! Come see!! Mommy's ironing!!! She really ironing!!"

I'm doing a Pay It Forward today. I signed up with

Mrs B of Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom

Here are the rules: The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way. This is how it works... I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry saying they want to participate (please leave your email address if I can't get it from your blog.).

In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. There are no cost restraints, but don't go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live? And remember that kindness don't have to involve money; there are untold ways to hel others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around."

If you would like to participate please mention it in your comment. The first 3 to say they would like to participate will get something special from me & do a Pay It Forward post themselves.  You can still comment without wanting to participate though.

5 comments:

Deb said...

pick me, pick me!!!! i want to play! love the idea...

the weather is dreary here, too. actually, i think we are fairly close.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Oh no, not rain. Poor bride & groom. I hope your car ride there and back goes well. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Weather here has been off and on dreary pretty much since last winter *sighs*. I thought global warming meant it was supposed to actually be warmer. But for the pacific northwest, it turns out it means being colder and rainier. Go figure.

And I'd love to participate in the pay it forward.

Anonymous said...

How did the wedding go? No fun to have the plans change at last minute. It rained crazy here, too! but today was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I hope the car ride and wedding were a success! Long car rides = not much fun... hope your didn't turn out that way!