Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today's blog post

has been canceled due to high winds.

I get my broadband internet from an antenna, that due to the location and configuration of my house, is mounted at the top of a 50 foot pole. Picture a giant weather vane. It's tied down and can withstand most wind.

But not really high gusty winds so strong they blow the front door open.

My front door has been blown open twice now and is currently deadbolted in the hopes that will keep it shut.

My weather vane, er, antenna, is currently pointed due south. Which is nice. But my signal comes from the east.

I'm getting intermittent signal. 

It's horrible.

I've actually cleaned the house and made granola bars

Pray for me.

8 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Fingers crossed for winds to stop or at least die down to an acceptable level.

Creative Junkie said...

lol! I know it's not funny but your last two lines made me laugh.

Here's to a big fat prayer that you get your internet connection fully restored.

Deb said...

the crazy winds have died down here, so you should be seeing some relief, as well.

hope you survived!

Anonymous said...

Been there ~ it's the pits! Hope it's all fixed soon!

michelle said...

we have had horrible winds as well the last two days. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers to the Internet Gods...

Aunt Becky said...

Eeps! Hope you're all okay!

Anonymous said...

Scary how much we depend on an Internet connection, isn't it?!