Havoc has been sick. Wednesday last week he complained of a headache & vague muscle pain so we gave him some Tylenol.
Thursday the school calls around 10:30a to report Havoc has a fever of 101.9 & a cough & needs to come home. DH was in the vicinity so he picked him up, which was good because I received neither of the two calls the school made to my phones nor the follow up call DH made informing me he was picking Havoc up.
Have I mentioned technology, especially telecommunications, hates me?
School policy is no one can come to school within 24 hours of having a fever & since they discovered the fever, they know he’s not supposed to be back Friday.
I would have totally sent him as he had no fever the rest of the day, nor that night, nor in the morning Friday.
Friday night he did spike an impressive 102.6 fever that the Tylenol totally took out.
Saturday he was fine. He was his high energy self. We went to the Air & Space Museum with no reports of headaches, no fever, no general ‘not feeling well grouchiness’. It appeared it had passed.
But Sat night he had another fever of 101.3. Tylenol took it out.
Sunday we were deliberately low energy. Lots of laying around reading & watching TV. No fever occurred at any point.
Monday we sent him off to school his usual cheerful self, with a slight complaint about his leg hurting but he’d slept on it funny so we discounted it.
Then at 10:30a comes the call again. 101.9 fever. 24 more hours at home.
This time he really did appear sick. Low energy, aches & pains, no appetite. None of which was present last week or over the weekend.
That photo was taken about 1pm Monday. He slept about 2 hours after coming home and fell asleep again around 5pm (much to Mayhem’s disappointment) and stayed asleep until bedtime.
Tuesday he was home with me. Much brighter & alert than Monday, still low appetite & lower energy & a runny nose. He spent most of the day laying on the sofa watching Mythbusters & some series about the history of weapons on the History Channel. No fever.
He has a pre-scheduled doctor’s appointment on Friday for his annual well child check. I called the office to see what they suggested about having him come in and what with the randomness of the fever they said to hold off unless it becomes constant.
I’ve sent him off to school this morning as he seems normal.
Only time will tell if he stays there.