I took a day off yesterday for the first time in 31 days.
Did you miss me?
Today I am starting a betting pool. The subject of the betting pool is this:
That is the toilet from our main bathroom. It has been leaking since since mid 2007 and was finally replaced last night. (and the new one is leaking in the exact same spot, so the problem has just become exponentially more difficult and expensive. This one here has an actual tank leak, which apparently confused the issue of the floor level leak)
The betting pool is for
How Long Will Stacey's Old Toilet Remain On Her Porch?
Will it be gone this weekend? By Christmas? By Spring? Or will this toilet be on my porch so long that it in fact replaces the dinosaurs as a regular feature in my Weekly Winners throughout the summer ?
Some things to keep in mind when choosing your dates:
1. The toilet had been leaking for OVER A YEAR before it was replaced.
2. Our dump is open from 9-3 M-F but accepts only commercial waste trucks from 11-2, residents must drop off their wast from 9-11 or 2-3. It is open from 6:45am to 7:15 am on Saturdays and on the Sunday following the second full moon in a month.
3. It gets below freezing at night here and that is porcelain and it is sitting on a part of the porch that only gets direct sunlight for about an hour this time of year. Imagine picking up really heavy ice cold porcelain.
4. We are originally from West Virginia..... and the idea that we fill it with dirt and plant flowers in it has already been suggested .... and enthusiastically endorsed by Mayhem.
5. DH thinks he knows someone who might be able to use the base at their campsite.
So, place your bets in the comments. The person who comes closes to the actual date of the toilets removal (assuming I don't smash it to bits in sheer frustration in late spring) will win a special handmade by me crocheted whatsit to be determined later.
How can you resist the lure of betting on a toilet AND the chance to win a crocheted whatsis to be determined later?
Place your bets everyone! I'll have a poll up eventually as well.