Wednesday, July 27, 2011

That time of year again

And no I don’t mean BlogHer, though it is that time of year too.

But I can’t afford to attend BlogHer unless it is less than a 4 hour drive away & that’s never gonna happen so I resigned myself to missing it long ago.

No, instead of OMG BLOG HER!!! angst, I spend this time of year in OMG SHOULD I MOVE MY BLOG??? angst

Different angst but same kinda theme.

I’ve spent 4 years with this domain name, hosted through blogger & for the past 3 years every time the renewal comes up I get all “should I or shouldn’t I” about self hosting and in the end I always decide against it because I just can’t deal with moving it myself & I don’t always understand what the hosting sites will or will not do in helping me move stuff & I know I am not asking the right questions & it’s all just too much someone get me a Xanax or something.

However…

I finally found someone to deal with all of it for me at a very reasonable price & after dithering for 3 weeks about it (and my domain renewing the day before) I took the plunge.

More details coming soon but after 5 years with blogger, I am switching to Word Press

I don’t know why.

I mean, I have vague reasons. I’d like a gallery & while Disqus is ok, I like WPs comment system better & there are more add ons. I know I had good reasons when I was dithering about it but…

Now that I have spent the money & committed I am having “should I have done that? why did I do that?” angst.

But hey! I finally acted on it, after a mere 3 years, which is almost ludicrous speed for anything in this family.

4 comments:

Darcy@SomewhatMuddledMusings said...

Good luck with the move - I know you'll like it 'over here'

Rinda1961 said...

Good luck with the move. I can barely understand the basic blogger that I have. And, of course, you know your content is what really matters and that won't change!
rinda

SFD said...

Good luck with the move.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

Andrea @ The Creative Junkie said...

I've been on wordpress from the beginning and love it. You won't regret it.