Friday, August 11, 2006

3 items for a desert island

The laptop. I'm assuming there is electricity and a super fast internet connection already available (after all this is paradise:D).
The 21 yards of cotton fabric I have in the sewing room. I can make clothes, sheets and shelter out of it. (I am making a set of quilts)
My current cross stitch project. Maybe I'd actually finish it.
Assuming no electricity I would swap the laptop for a box of books, chosen at random from my bookshelves.

We're going to a resort cabin for the next 5 days (no internet so it isn't paradise:D, but the food should be ok and the insects minimal). I'm bringing the laptop, my camera, clothes, some toys for the kids & a book. This sounds like hardly anything but somehow fills 2 suitcases, a dufflebag and 2 laptop cases (DH & I are each brining our own laptops) and takes up the entire back end of our car. DH complained we were taking as much stuff for 4 days as we take to FL for a week. That is because we are. There is a washer & dryer in FL so I pack 5ish days worth of stuff & do laundry there. We don't take toys to FL so they are taking up the space the the additional day or so worth of clothing would have taken. If we didn't need to take diapers & sippy cups we'd be almost one bag less.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I hope you have fun on your vacation! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Tink said...

Ah, I always take some sort of cross stitching with me when we head down to Orlando. Keeps me entertained if I don't want to read.