Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Laundry

The boys go through a shocking number of clothes in a day right now. It's muddy out and cold. So instead taking off their shirts & tees to play in the mud, they now layer on a couple of shirts, long pants, socks and jackets.

Then they somehow get mud through all those layers in about 30 minutes. These are children who shriek with horror if they get some drops of water on their shirt while washing their hands. The shirt CANNOT be worn any more. It is too WET & DIRTY with that drop of water on it.

Imagine how they react to real mud and actual dampness.

They must have changed clothes 5 times each over the weekend. I washed their clothes on Sunday but somehow their laundry basket is full again. It hasn't even been 48 hours.

6 comments:

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I really can't believe how fast the laundry accumulates! I try to do it all one day a week, but that doesn't always happen. I've also done one load a day; I'd rather get it all done at once.

I miss summer-less clothes to wash.

Deb said...

yep. sounds about right. ugh.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Maybe they should wear raincoats outside - make sure they know that raincoats can get as wet and dirty as you like. Perhaps that will save a little laundry.

Laundry is one of those never-ending projects here.

Jeanne Elle said...

Ohhhhh I feel your pain!! My daughter is just as bad. Between her and my four year old son, our laundry basket is never ever ever empty... lol

Aunt Becky said...

Ah, man. You reminded me. I totally need to do laundry!

Jenni said...

A mother's laundry is NEVER done.

EVER.