Tuesday, November 04, 2008

what a good day so far!

It took me all of about 60 seconds to vote. There were 20 cars in the lot but they must have belonged to the people manning tables by the roadside and the dozen or so folks working for the precinct. It seemed a bit overstaffed to say the least. I showed them my ID, noticed DH had voted earlier (#112), got my card (#306, I didn't realize there were 300 people in my precinct, let alone they would have voted already) and made my 3 choices (we only had President, Senator and Representative to elect this time. No bond issues or anything). It took me longer to tweet about it than it did to do it.

I hadn't realized Nader had made it onto the ballot here, nor that the Constitution Party candidate, Chuck Baldwin,  had made it either (and why are they listed as Independent Greens?) They managed to put someone up for Senator as well.

Then I went and got a bacon chili cheese dog, which took much longer to get than it did vote. You want to talk lines? Stop by the General Store at lunch time.

But the really really big news is this:

While taking Mayhem to the bus stop I passed the UPS truck headed toward my house.  I very nearly made a U-turn and chased after him. But I stuck to my duty to get the kid on the bus and go vote.

Looky what the Big Brown Truck of Joy left for me

PB040212a

My long anticipated, and saved for, DSLR!  The battery is charging now and I'm getting ready to read the manual instead of reading blogs.

The orange light is supposed to flash while the battery is charging, right?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY YAY YAY for new DSLR's!!! WOOT!!!

Yes the light flashes while charging. When it stays solid, it's fully charged. :)

Lindy said...

I love getting packages too!! WOO HOO! For your new camera! Have fun!!!

Deb said...

yay! those dinosaurs need to smile pretty!

MelissaL88 said...

W00t! for new DSLRs!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures you take with it :)

Aunt Becky said...

I love anything I get in the mail. In box form. Not bills, of course.

Hooray for voting!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the camera.

I voted more than a month ago so it is a bit of let down.

michelle said...

That's one good looking camera!

The Four Week Vegan said...

That's a beauty of a camera. Enjoy it!

Shawna said...

Congrats on the new dSLR!!! You will absolutely love it, by now you're probably already snapping tons of pics!

Heather said...

pretty, pretty! Mine is all dinged up already! Yup, it flashes while charging and then is solid orange when it's done. After the initial charge, it charges pretty quickly compared to standard rechargeables. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that you got your new camera! We are gonna expect lots and lots of pictures now... you already do a good job of that though!

It didn't take me much longer to vote today and I was happy about that since I was running late and on my way to school.

Heather said...

Ooooh I am JEALOUS of the camers!! YAY for new 'toys'!!! Voting was quick here for me as well! I was pleasantly surprised. Ps: Lunch sounds YUM!

Creative Junkie said...

whoo hooo! congratulations!

I have the canon xti but I am seriously considering trading it in for a Nikon. But the thought of taking that kind of hit on my canon (because I"ll only get a fraction of what I paid for it back) is kind of scaring me off.

Heather (How to be a Woman..?) said...

Mmm... bacon chili cheese dog...

Debbie said...

Looks like the new camera is working well. I saw today's post too.

Anonymous said...

What a fun UPS drop off!! Voting was quick here, too, and also appeared overstaffed.

Anonymous said...

What a great day - easy voting, a chili-dog and an awesome camera from the UPS truck. Was the driver a cutie? That would have been the icing on my cake!