Five interconnected thoughts
1. If the county you live in has a freezing rain warning and the neighboring county doesn’t and you live a mile from the county line what are the odds there will be freezing rain near you?
2. Did you know there was a historic storm pounding the mid Atlantic region? I didn’t and I live here. I just thought it was …winter finally arriving. Though admittedly the wind is sort of strong for November. Obviously I only ever glance at the weatherbug on my desktop for the forecast photo & high temp.
3. My special power is that I can find my way anywhere after I have been there once. Any city, any country, even if it has been 10 years, assuming the building still exists, I can find my way to it. Anywhere. Except for the city near where I live. I have lived here 14 years, been in that city once a month for 10 of those and once every couple of months the rest of the time. Yet I cannot find my way to the pedestrian mall. Ever. I always just sort of stumble upon it while driving up and down the streets muttering “It’s around here somewhere”. Then, when I pull out of the parking garage I can never find my way back to main road out of town without touring a few residential areas. I know there is a direct route because I have ridden with people who have taken it, but for the life of me I cannot ever remember it. The only place I can ever find is the Barnes & Noble shopping plaza and my favorite sushi bar. Most of the time though that is all I need.
4. My goodness used book store prices have gotten high! I usually buy off of half.com so I am used to paying $3 for a hardback and $.75 for a paperback. (plus $2.50-3 in shipping) but the two at the pedestrian mall wanted $10 for a hardback and $5 for a paperback and I can get the paperback new for $6! Of course half.com does not have to pay Ye Olde Historic Towne Malle rents either…
5. I had another thought when I sat down here but as with many things, if I don’t make notes, it goes away. I’ve been trying to think backwards in the hope of connecting up to it, then I tried picking a point in the past and thinking forward, then I tried free associating. But all I can come up with is “books? …was is something else about books?…or reading? Something to do with paper I think…” I just know it will come to me in the middle of Body Pump a few hours from now & once again I won’t be able to write it down,