Monday, November 02, 2009

It’s NaBloPoMo!

And I'm not doing this year. I did it last year and the year before and the year before that (on a different blog). I just don’t know that I am up for 31 days of posts right now.

They have to be real posts too, not just random memes to fill in the spots. At least, that is my personal rule when I do it. Honest to god content posts only, with Weekly Winners the only allowable meme…and one Wordless Wednesday in the month… and one post about how doing all these posts is a such challenge. But the rest must be original content!

I don’t know that I have that much original content in me right now.

And I’m going of town for about 12 days in the middle of it, with 4 of those days on the road and probably no time to post on at least 3 of them.

Unless I post from my phone.

But posting from my phone, even with the QWERTY keyboard is a PITA

Although…I am starting a class today called Blogging for Scrapbookers.  There is a button for it over there on the sidebar somewhere. It’s run by shimelle, who also runs Learn Something New Everyday and Journal Your Christmas every year, which I also take. This class will be giving me 15 blogging prompts plus a book with a year’s worth of topics for scrapbookers.

So it’s not as if I won’t have ideas for content.

Am I dithering? I’m dithering aren’t I?  I suppose I should start looking for omens and signs from the heavens to direct me in the way I should go.

Maybe I should do a tarot spread?  I wonder what card would indicate “I see much posting in your future.” Pentacles I think. Maybe the six or the eight. Though pentacles are about money and I’ve made just enough from the ads on this blog to pay for the domain name for another year. Wands might be more appropriate

And now some more ideas for content have occurred to me. I could do a lot with the suit of Wands.

I suppose that is a sign

But only tomorrow will tell for sure.

11 comments:

humel said...

Forgive me - what is NaBloPoMo? National Blog Post Month? Natural Blooms Poleaxe Mothers? Napalm Blocks Position of Moon? I could have fun with this.... ;-)

April said...

I bet you post every day!! I know you will, you can do it with Shimelle's help! Of course, I don't even want to post every day, because I know my life isn't that interesting! haha! I hope Shimelle can help us all! ~april

The Four Week Vegan said...

I've done NaBloPoMo a couple of times now and this month it just isn't meant to be. I didn't post yesterday, so there is my sign. Plus, I am just crazy busy right now. In addition, I feel such pressure when I do it - I don't need that right now.

SciFi Dad said...

I did NaBloPoMo in '06, '07, and '08, but as it approached I found myself considering scaling back my frequency, and decided posting all month wasn't such a great idea.

Creative Junkie said...

I have never even heard of this? What is it - once a day blogging for a month?

Unknown said...

blogging without straints...that's my goal. ;)

Meghan said...

I've never heard of it either.....I'm curious!

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and think you had something to say -- not just random thoughts. It's probably what we all feel right now. That's why we're taking Shimelle's class!

KarenS said...

Hi! Im doing NaBloPoMo for the second year. So far, so good. I've posted 3 times in 2 days. Shimelle's class should make it easier to keep on track for the first 3 weeks, anyway. Good luck to you!

Scary Mommy said...

I'm impressed! I just don't think I could do it, but best of luck!

Unknown said...

I do another version called: NaBloShoeMo. It's a post a day about footwear. This is my 3rd year, I think?!
Check it out.
http://linda-sands.blogspot.com/