Tuesday, June 20, 2006

3 ways in which someone can compliment me

1. I am prompt & meet deadlines
2. I am a good listener
3. I am decisive when necessary.

I have a new laptop! It's still in the box. DH & I decided to spend the extra and get the good laptop. He got a bonus this paycheck and it was just about the difference in cost so it seemes fate. The PC is now just humming along as if it never had a problem a day in it's life; itmust know it is being replaced. That is fine by me because to save money I went with am 80GB HD. My PC has 2 HDs, the main is 100GB and the secondary one (my scrapping one) is 120GB. In a month or so I'll buy one of those boxes they make to turn an internal HD into an external one, but until then I'd be happy to be able to use the PC as a networked giant external HD.

Hopefully I'll get to open the box soon. but I can't do that with small boys underfoot and no one shows any signs of napping today. Maybe I'll put Madagascar on & lock myself in the bathroom......

9 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Congrats on the new laptop! That is so cool! I love getting new computers. I think the old one is going to be jealous now! Maybe you can use a web cam on your kids with old computer running in the bathroom while you scrap on the new one in the bathroom.

ArtcTrish said...

Whoo hoo to the new laptop!!!! I'm thinking Madagascar is a must today!!!!

Tink said...

Congratulations on the new laptop. Hope you are able to get it unpacked and running soon.

Laura Lou said...

I just HAVE to tell my daughter your comment about Madagascar and the bathroom. SHe thinks she is the only one who can't get a break. COngratulations on the laptop.

Glynis said...

Congrats on the laptop!! Movie time is a great distraction for busy parents (and I don't feel guilty if I don't use it all the time!)...oh and great answer to the prompt!

heather said...

woohoo! congrats on the new laptop, exciting news!

Zephanee said...

Grats on the new machine! Glad to see another person who values promptness. I hate being even one minute late to anything.

Tiffani said...

CONGRATS on your new machine...I am aching for a laptop...alas that is not to be...at least until I pass a few more classes in school and NEED it for my field experience.

Bonnie said...

Ha ha, i had a good giggle at the part of you maybe putting on madagascar and locking yourself in the bathroom! Sounds like something I do..seems like that is the only place to get peace! Enjoy your laptop!