Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Childhood books

What books did I love as a child & did I pass them on to my children? The first books that come to mind are Little Women & the Little House on the Prairie series. I have not shared them with my sons because they are not old enough to read them & I suspect my boys will not be that interested. However there is still the Narnia series and the Dragonlance series (though that one will have to wait until they are 10-12) and my beloved Douglas Adams books (i was teen for those, not a child) and David Eddings Belgariad series. When they get a bit older I will start reading them chapters of these books at night.

Right now though I am enjoying rediscovering the Dr Seuss Early Reader books with them (most books are not Dr Seuss). I loved "A Fish Out of Water", "Put Me in the Zoo" adn "Oh the Thinks You Can Think" when I was learning to read and really love reading them with the boys.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Oh my goodness! I can not BELIEVE that in my post I forgot about David Eddings :0 I was completely hooked on those series and read them repeatedly. What a great group of books.

Tiffani said...

Those are all great books and series. Some of the books that I think are a little advanced, I get on cd to introduce them to the kids. Then when they get older, they can't WAIT to read them for theirselves.

loonyhiker said...

I loved Little Women and Little House stories. I still like to watch Little House on TV!

faery-wings said...

I lived Little House too. But yeah, I can't imagine your boys would be too thrilled by them